19 and 20 January 2018, Pune
Status: Accepting submissions
About the event
After a successful first edition in Bangalore, ReactFoo travels to Pune. ReactFoo Pune will focus on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Lessons learned in shifting codebase from older frameworks to React.
- Comparative advantages of React and other JS frameworks.
- Comparative advantages of React Native in working on mobile applications.
- Security concerns.
ReactFoo Pune is an event for practitioners, by practitioners.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community.
ReactFoo Pune is a two-day event with:
- Single track of talks and Birds of Feather (BOF) sessions on 19 January.
- Hands-on workshops on 20 January.
30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop. Workshop tickets have to be purchased separately. Workshops will be announced shortly.
Who should attend
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
Why you should attend?
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To gain insights from case studies of practical implementation, and evaluate ReactJS and React Native for your work.
- To program better with React and React Native.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium of Rs. 5,000 each, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference and networking dinner. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Travel grants are available for domestic speakers. We evaluate each case on its merits, giving preference to women, people of non-binary gender, and Africans.
If you require a grant, mention this in the field where you add your location. ReactFoo Pune is funded through ticket purchases and sponsorships; travel grant budgets vary.
ReactFoo Pune – 19 January, 2017.
Hands-on workshops – 20 January, 2017.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact email@example.com or call 7676332020.
|1||Moving your React-Native App to Production|
|Yeswanth S (@yash)||Full talk on success and failure stories with React; code overheads and code rewrite stories with React||Intermediate||1||0||Sat, 21 Oct|