React and React Native Talks and Workshops - 2018
Anywhere in India
Status: Accepting submissions
About the event
ReactFoo is a travelling conference on React and React Native. ReactFoo will focusses on the following topics:
- Success and failure stories of implementing React and React Native for your use-case.
- Comparative advantages of React and other JS frameworks.
- Latest developments with ReactJS and React Native.
ReactFoo is an event for practitioners, by practitioners.
We invite developers and architects from large and small organizations to share their stories and insights with the community.
We also invite workshop proposals for topics that are new, easily misunderstood or can be in any way used to enhance skills of participants. 30-40 participants will be admitted to each workshop.
Who should propose?
- JS engineers from enterprises.
- JS engineers from startups and consulting agencies.
- Cross-platform mobile developers.
Why you should propose:
- To learn from and network with peers from the industry.
- To showcase your work, open source or otherwise, with the larger community.
- To enable better craftsmanship of the trade you are in.
Proposals will be shortlisted and reviewed by an editorial team consisting of practitioners from the community. Make sure your abstract contains the following information:
- Key insights you will present, or takeaways for the audience.
- Overall flow of the content.
You must submit links to videos of talks you have delivered in the past, or record and upload a two-min self-recorded video explaining what your talk is about, and why is it relevant for this event.
Also consider submitting links to the following along with your proposal:
- A detailed outline, or
- Mindmap, explaining the structure of the talk, or
- Draft slides.
Honorarium for selected speakers; travel grants
Selected speakers and workshop instructors will receive an honorarium as per the event standard, at the end of their talk. Confirmed speakers and instructors also get a pass to the conference. We do not provide free passes for speakers’ colleagues and spouses.
Owing to budget decisions, we may or may not be able to offer travel grants or accommodation for this event. This will be informed well in advance when shortlisting your proposals.
ReactFoo Pune conference – 19 January, 2018.
ReactFoo Pune hands-on workshops – 20 January, 2018.
For more information about speaking, ReactFoo, sponsorships, tickets, or any other information contact firstname.lastname@example.org or call 7676332020.
Proposals that will be evaluated will focus on personal experiences with React from a first person perspective. We’re looking for talks that will expand on reasons for decisions made to implement React, stumbling points before and after having done so, successes or failure faced with React, etc. Instructional talks exploring new features and how-to talks are not going to be a part of conferences, but they make a good proposal for workshop.
|1||Take your react-fu to fullstack-fu|
|Karthik Venkateswaran (@karthikvt26)||Beginner||1||0||Sat, 6 Jan|